Read and heed, Mortals.
- MovieCrypt.com is intended for mature audiences only and is not recommended for people who suffer from coimetrophobia (fear of cemeteries), taphophobia (fear being buried alive), necrophobia (fear of things dealing with death), herpetophobia (fear of creepy, crawly things), nyctophobia (fear of darkness), thanatophobia (fear of dying), seplophobia (fear of decaying matter), hemophobia (fear of blood), spectrophobia (fear of specters), phasmophobia (fear of ghosts), lygophobia (fear of being in a dark or gloomy place), sciophobia (fear of shadows), placophobia (fear of tombstones), wiccaphobia (fear of witches and witchcraft), samhainophobia (fear of Halloween), triskadekaphobia (fear of the number 13), and paraskavedekatriaphobia (fear of Friday the 13th).
The Fine Print…
- PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEBSITE (the “Site”). This Site at MovieCrypt.com is fully controlled and operated by Kevin A. Ranson. By accessing and using this Site, you are hereby agreeing to be legally bound by the terms and conditions of MovieCrypt.com. If you (the “Mortal”) do not agree with all of the following terms and conditions, please do not use this Site.
- We reserve the right, Mortal, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time (oh, yeah). Such changes and/or modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof. Please review the terms and conditions periodically. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes and/or modifications will constitute your acceptance of the revised terms and conditions. For your information, this page was last updated on July 26, 2011.
OWNERSHIP OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- Except as otherwise noted, all site software, design, text, images, photographs, illustrations, audio clips, video clips, artwork, graphic material, or other copyrightable elements, and the selection and arrangements thereof, and trademarks, service marks and trade names (the “Material”) are the property of MovieCrypt.com and/or its subsidiaries, affiliates, assigns, licensors or other respective owners and are protected, without limitation, pursuant to U.S. and foreign copyright and trademark laws. MovieCrypt.com hereby grants you a personal, non-exclusive, non-assignable and non-transferable license to use and display, for noncommercial and personal use only, one copy of any material and/or software that you may download from this Site, including, without limitation, any files, codes, audio or images incorporated in or generated by the software provided that you maintain all copyright and other notices contained in such Material. You agree not to reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, display, perform, publish, distribute, disseminate, broadcast or circulate any Material to any third party (including, without limitation, the display and distribution of the Material via a third party website) without the express prior written consent of the creator of MovieCrypt.com. Use of MovieCrypt.com and/or its licensors’ Material is only permitted with their express written permission. You further agree that you will not disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer or otherwise modify the Material. Any unauthorized or prohibited use may subject the offender to civil liability and criminal prosecution under applicable federal and state laws.
- If you DO reproduce our Material without obtaining the permission of the author, the monsters currently living under your bed and hiding in your closets and basements will stalk you while your sleep and rend you limb from limb prior to devouring your living flesh. It’s not a pretty sight, and we don’t like doing it (but we will).
- The non-original images used on this web site are believed to be reproduced legally. They are obtained mostly from other movie sites and online press kits. If we have reproduced Material illegally, please notify us immediately. We don’t relish the thought of being stalked and rended limb from limb, either.
POSTINGS (CONTACT / COMMENTS)
- To the extent that portions of this Site provide users an opportunity to post and exchange information, ideas and opinions (the “Postings”), please be advised that Postings do not necessarily reflect the views of MovieCrypt.com. In no event shall MovieCrypt.com assume or have any responsibility or liability for any Postings or for any claims, damages or losses resulting from their use and/or appearance on this Site. You hereby represent and warrant that you have all necessary rights in and to all Postings you provide and all information they contain and that such Postings shall not infringe any proprietary or other rights of third parties or contain any libelous, tortious, or otherwise unlawful information.
- You, Mortal, hereby authorize MovieCrypt.com to use, and authorize others to use, your Postings in whole or in part, throughout the universe in perpetuity in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, alone, or together or as part of other material of any kind or nature. Without limiting the foregoing, MovieCrypt.com will have the right to use and change the Postings in any manner that the Undead may determine. Additionally, MovieCrypt.com may sweep its comments periodically in its sole discretion.
MovieCrypt.com does not allow Postings which contain:
- private or personal information which might identify a user
- specific profanity or obscenities (what you wouldn’t say on the radio)
- personal attacks on other individuals (that’s OUR job)
- slanderous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, threatening and harassing comments; and/or (again, our privilage, not yours)
- other information that MovieCrypt.com deems in its sole discretion to be inappropriate for this Site.
- Contact may be used for noncommercial purposes only. Users may not post any information intended to promote and/or generate revenue for any third party business activity. Although MovieCrypt.com periodically monitors the content posted on this Site, we cannot be responsible for the views or opinions expressed by third parties. Nonetheless, MovieCrypt.com will make every effort to ensure that the Site best serves the interests of all users and, therefore, MovieCrypt.com reserves the right to refuse to post, edit, or delete messages that violate the above-referenced Rules of Participation, as well as revoke the privileges of users who do not comply with such rules. And we will, too; just try us.
CONTESTS AND OTHER ACTIVITIES
- MovieCrypt.com provides Rules of Participation for certain activities on this Site including, without limitation, contests by MovieCrypt.com and in conjunction with third parties. This Agreement is incorporated by reference to the specific Rules of Participation which appear in connection with information about a particular activity. To the extent that any conflict exists between this Agreement and specific Rules of Participation, the Rules of Participation for the activity in which you choose to participate shall govern.
DISCLAIMER AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- THIS SITE AND ALL MATERIALS CONTAINED ON IT ARE DISTRIBUTED AND TRANSMITTED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. MovieCrypt.com is not responsible or liable for any infections or contamination of your system, or delays, inaccuracies, errors, or omissions arising out of your use of this Site or with respect to the information and material contained on this Site. The entire risk as to the quality, accuracy, adequacy, ompleteness, correctness and validity of any material rests with you. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, MOVIECRYPT.COM, ITS AFFILIATES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, LICENSORS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS TO THE SITE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, COMPENSATORY, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR SIMILAR DAMAGES, THAT MAY RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE MATERIALS CONTAINED ON THIS SITE WHETHER THE MATERIAL IS PROVIDED OR OTHERWISE SUPPLIED BY MOVIECRYPT.COM OR ANY THIRD PARTY. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in no event shall the liability of MovieCrypt.com to you for any and all claims, damages, losses, and causes of action (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) exceed the amount paid by you, if any, for accessing this Site.
THIRD PARTY HYPERLINKS
- The appearance of external hyperlinks generated by third parties does not constitute endorsement by MovieCrypt.com, its subsidiaries and affiliates of the opinions or views expressed by these third party websites and MovieCrypt.com does not verify, endorse, or take responsibility for the accuracy, currency, completeness or quality of the content contained at these sites. Furthermore, MovieCrypt.com is not responsible for the quality or delivery of the products or services offered, accessed, obtained by or advertised at such sites. As such, neither MovieCrypt.com nor its subsidiaries and affiliates will be responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of such information contained in these sites. Finally, MovieCrypt.com will under no circumstances be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental or special loss or other damage, whether arising from negligence, breach of contract, defamation, infringement of copyright or other intellectual property rights, caused by the exhibition, distribution or exploitation of any information or content contained within these third party hyperlinked sites.
- You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless, MovieCrypt.com, its affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, representatives, and third party providers to the Site from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any violation of this agreement by you. MovieCrypt.com reserves the right to assume, at its sole expense, the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will fully cooperate with MovieCrypt.com in asserting any available defenses.
STUFF WE GET FREE (AND ITS INFLUENCE ON REVIEWS)
- MovieCrypt.com has never accepted money in exchange for any review whether positive or negative. Whether films, passes, or products are received for the purpose of review, receiving such items in no way influences the outcome of a review, merely the possibility of there being a review in the first place. To be clear: sending us something you would like to have reviewed increases the likelihood of BEING reviewed but in no way influences the outcome OF the review.
- This Site is intended for residents of the United States only. No software from this Site may be downloaded, exported or re-exported in violation of any law including, without limitation, to countries that are subject to U.S. export restrictions.
- This Agreement contains the entire understanding and supersedes all prior understanding of the parties hereto relating to the subject matter hereof, and cannot be changed or terminated orally. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be illegal or unenforceable, the Agreement will be deemed curtailed to the extent necessary to make it legal and enforceable and will remain, as modified, in full force and effect. This Agreement and all matters or issues collateral thereto will be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the Laws of the great State of Texas applicable to contracts executed and performed entirely therein (without regard to any principles of conflict of laws), and jurisdiction for any court action in the great State of Texas.
- All this may change after we’ve achieved global domination, but, by then, it’ll be too late, won’t it?